We offer a full range of Repair Services at our branches for pothole damage, cuts, bruises and punctures. Plugs, Patches, Patch Plugs and Vulcanizing / Hot Patch.
a. Plugs – from $2
b. Patches – from $5
c. Patch Plugs – from $7
d. Vulcanizing / Hot Patch – from $10
e. Rim mending – from $10
f. Rim cleaning – from $2
Overall, punctures or cuts that are greater than ¼ Inches in diameter will require a tyre replacement.
HOW LONG CAN YOU EXPECT A TYRE PLUG OR A PATCH TO LAST?
If done correctly it will last the length of the tyre life.
DO’S AND DON’TS FOR TYRES
- Do have an accurate tyre pressure gauge.
- Don’t rely on the gauge at the service station – a lot of them are inaccurate.
- Do have tyres inspected if you notice regular pressure loss.
- Don’t just re-inflate the tyre and hope that it will be alright.
- Do use the Vehicle manufacturers recommended tyre pressures.
- Do check tyre pressure before going on a long trip, and reset to the recommended pressures for the full load.
- Do use valve caps to protect the valve core.
- Do have wheel alignment checked in line with the manufacturer’s specifications – don’t just have the front wheels aligned.
- Do have the alignment checked if you know that you have hit a ‘pot hole’ or the curb.Do balance your tyres and get your car aligned regularly